[mythtv-users] Re: Proliant server as a backend...

Nick Rosier nick.rosier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:44:10 EST 2005

On 11/10/05, Leigh <lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Mike Frisch wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 01:04:30PM -0500, Jonathan Link wrote:
> >

> >>IIRC sound card isn't needed on the backend, unless it is also a front
> >>end.  My backend has an intergrated one, so I can't be certain.
> >>

> >If the PVR-[1|2|3]50 is being fed by a cable box or satellite receiver,
> >a sound card is necessary to capture the audio.  I feed my PVR-250 with
> >a satellite receiver via S-Video and the sound goes through my sound
> >card.
> >

> That's for the sound OUTPUT from the 350 I think , it captures it by
> itself, you only feed it to a soundcard so that MythTV can control the
> volume from the GUI.
> If you wanted to you can use the audio out from a 350 to speakers/amp etc.
> So **I think* capturing using one on a backend only wouldn't be a problem

I've got audio-connectors on both 350 and 150 and they are only for
audio in. The 150 doesn't have audio-out. All output on the 350 is
through the "hauppauge-specific" connector. The 2 cables I have for
that connector (S-video with 2 audio connectors or SCART) provide the
audio either through 2 audio-connectors or through the SCART-plug.