[mythtv-users] Re: Proliant server as a backend...

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 13:25:17 EST 2005

Mike Frisch wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 01:04:30PM -0500, Jonathan Link wrote:
>

>>IIRC sound card isn't needed on the backend, unless it is also a front
>>end.  My backend has an intergrated one, so I can't be certain.
>>

>If the PVR-[1|2|3]50 is being fed by a cable box or satellite receiver,
>a sound card is necessary to capture the audio.  I feed my PVR-250 with
>a satellite receiver via S-Video and the sound goes through my sound
>card.

That's for the sound OUTPUT from the 350 I think , it captures it by
itself, you only feed it to a soundcard so that MythTV can control the
volume from the GUI.
If you wanted to you can use the audio out from a 350 to speakers/amp etc.
So **I think* capturing using one on a backend only wouldn't be a problem