[mythtv-users] fanless Epia, Mediamvp or network dvd player for frontend?

Andrew Wilson migmog at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:09:01 EST 2005

Yes of course you're right, by PC standards the epia is tiny....
that's partly why I got one.

but there's one thing I forgot to mention. I'm planning on cracking
open whatever box(es) I have and building a hifi-sized custom case.
The mainboard on the DSM and MVP boxes is way smaller than 7in square
:-)

The other half of this project (which I'm not going to start tackling
here) is to have an always-on master backend with (probably) no
capture capability running on a v. cheap embedded linux box, eg NSLU,
Maxtor shared storage in the same custom box.

For me, the smaller and lower power everything is the better......
I want to look beyond the PC here, that's part of the appeal :-)

Andrew