[mythtv-users] Myxer theme available

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:49:18 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, Fedor Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) If I put a file in ~/.mythtv. what exactly is overriden? A file
> with the same name under /usr/share/mythtv (which is where most menu
> XML files live)? There are XML files in subdirectories of
> /usr/share/mythtv as well, including themes. How do I override those,
> by replicating subdirectory structure?

The search path for files is goes ~/.mythtv > theme > default.  This
allows files in your home myth directory to override themes, and
themes to override the default and the default to be used as a last
resort.

> 2) If I create subdirectory /usr/share/mythtv/themes/MyMenus, how does
> Myth distinguish between themes and menu themes? I don't recall seeing
> "Myxer" as a menu theme, may be I just haven't scrolled far enough
> though. And, same question as above, if I have Myxer theme and MyMenus
> menu theme, how does MyMenus override XML files which are not in
> /usr/share/mythtv but in its subdirectories?

There are three different types of themes menu, osd, and ui.  Myxer is
a ui theme and as such doesn't contain menus.  Your MyMenus would be a
menu theme and would not contain xml files for the UI.  All three are
independant of each other.