[mythtv-users] MythTV - Xbox - Xebian - black screen - bad

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 29 00:59:49 UTC 2005

Greg & John,
   So far the screen still goes black. Either it's not only DPMS or
I'm editing the wrong file.

   I am not at all familiar with Debian configuration. I searched
around for XF86config files and found what looks about right in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 which was a link pointing at XF86Config-4-xbox.
There was only a single screen definition so I commented out the DPMS
entry in that section and rebooted the machine. After about a half
hour I'm told that it went black again.

   First, is this the righ file to edit for a Xebian/XBox install or
is there possibly some oter file I should be looking at?

   Is there anyway to query X as to the state of DPMS while the system
is running to ensure it really got turned off?

   Last, is there possibly some sort of black screensaver running
under Xebian that could be causing this? I do not see xscreensaver but
I do see something called /usr/X11R6/bin/xtdesk. None of my other
systems run that (in fact this Gentoo system doesn't even have it
installed) so I'm not clear what it does. man xtdesk does nothing.

thanks for your help,
Mark