[mythtv-users] pvr-150 no tuner

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sat May 28 05:31:23 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Peter T. Abplanalp <pta-myth at psaconsultants.com> wrote:
> hi all.  i just bought a pvr-150 card to replace a
> framegrabber card for my underpowered mythtv box.  i am
> having a couple issues, 1) the ivtv kernel module isn't
> loaded on boot up.  after boot up i have no /dev/video0
> until i manually do a modprobe ivtv.  i followed jarod's
> howto with respect to setting up my modeprobe.conf file for
> the pvr-150.  how can i get this to work automatically on
> boot up?  please find my modprobe.conf below.

I think the fix that you are looking for can also be found in Jarod's
guide. Check the Section 11 - Get and Install LIRC, there's a
paragraph that begins with the following:
"UPDATE: I think I finally have a completely viable, universal fix to
get both ivtv and lirc modules (no matter which lirc module you're
using, as long as its in modprobe.conf) loading very early in the boot
process."

--Garry