[mythtv-users] MythBackend Nice value...

Mat Mrosko myth.mrosko at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:55:51 UTC 2005

I'm not exactly sure if this is gentoo specific, but the
/etc/conf.d/mythbackend file has a setting for a nice value of the
backend... I have this set to -15 to have a high priority for my
recordings.  The only problem with this is that my automatic
transcoding also gets this nice value of -15... this makes the whole
system practically un-usable... not just skipping video, but very slow
sql access times, even the menus crawl... Is there some easy way to
set transcode nice values?  Or at least have them run at a 0 level...
Before I changed the backend to run at -15, the transcodes were
un-obtrusive to my TV watching.

-Mat

P.S. Sorry if this is a stupid question... It hasn't been asked in the
last 3 weeks, or I searched for the wrong terms...