[mythtv-users] Attention "24" watchers: check your upcoming recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 23 14:37:26 UTC 2005

Kyle Rose wrote:

>>I'm curious as to why you used that as your profile rather than a plain
>>"Record on any/this channel" with "Record new only?"  What you say might
>>help improve the interface.
>>

>Just lazy.  I've probably been setting my recurring recordings up this
>way all along.  Probably "record any time on this channel" suffices for
>programs that don't have repeats (that I don't want) showing on the same
>channel.

Remember, also, that you can "train" MythTV to ignore the repeats that
you don't want.  Basically, just set the episodes to "Never Record" if
you've seen them or don't care to see them.  It's very easy to do
through MythWeb, and I've found that--especially for those shows that
show multiple showings per day (i.e. Simpsons)--it really only takes a
few weeks to train the system (and, with almost 2 weeks of guide data,
you can take care a huge chunk at a time).  So, using anytime on all
channels is possible (all my recording schedules are set that way).

The big benefit of this approach is that you get a very complete
database of what TV you've seen, and you don't miss any episodes (but
you might get a few you've seen).

Mike