[mythtv-users] [OT] *Real* High-Def TV!

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat May 21 17:51:38 UTC 2005

>>>>> Michael T Dean writes:

m> So, anyway, I've been watching for someone to come out with a
m> 1920x1080 TV and it seems that Samsung is planning to release the
m> HLR6768W in the June/July timeframe (
m> http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5619186-1.html and
m> http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/news/ny-i4252140may10,0,1418798.story
m> ).  There have been rumors that the TV has been put on hold, but they
m> seem to be unfounded.

m> The TV is in their DLP line and uses a new TI chip.  It's a 67" TV and
m> has an MSRP of about $6K  Maybe once more vendors are carrying similar
m> solutions, prices will drop.

        The first post in this thread contains a bunch of information
that people have gathered about Samsung's 1080p DLPs:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=089d8abb2bcac71df9fa69f04eaf555f&threadid=493443

Many other manufacturers have also announced 1080p DLP/3LCD/LCoS
rear projection models to come out in the second half of the year.
Also, if you're willing to go smaller (~35" - 46"), I think you can
buy 1080p LCD flat panels already.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.