[mythtv-users] mythtv newbie needs help: ATI TV-wonder and badvisual quality

Bill Smith wsmithjr at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:34:28 UTC 2005


Elvis Chen wrote:

>
> hi all,
>
> after further researching, I came across this website:
>
> http://fdd.com/software/tvwonder/
>
> which indicated that the tuner part of ATI TV-Wonder is not detected 
> properly.  It should be type 2 (Philip, NTSC) instead of type 19 
> (TEMIC, PAL) as my dmesg suggests.
>
> After manually "modprobe tuner type=2" I can now watch TV successfully 
> with the righer color.  The quality is *OK*, a bit grany and the 
> colour is washed-out.  But in all, it is working; can't expect from a 
> 10 years old card.
>
> However, I still have a little problem setting this type info in 
> /etc/modules.conf.  I manually added the line of:
>
> options tuner type=2
>
> as the webiste suggested, but upon rebooting, the dmesg still says 
> that the tuner type is 19 and I still have to remod/modprobe it manually.
>
> any idea what's the right syntax for modules.conf for tuner?
>
> thx,
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>  
>
Try:

options bttv tuner=2

-Bill


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list