[mythtv-users] mythtv newbie needs help: ATI TV-wonder and badvisual quality

Elvis Chen chene77 at hotmail.com
Fri May 20 22:45:40 UTC 2005

hi all,

after further researching, I came across this website:

http://fdd.com/software/tvwonder/

which indicated that the tuner part of ATI TV-Wonder is not detected
properly.  It should be type 2 (Philip, NTSC) instead of type 19 (TEMIC,
PAL) as my dmesg suggests.

After manually "modprobe tuner type=2" I can now watch TV successfully with
the righer color.  The quality is *OK*, a bit grany and the colour is
washed-out.  But in all, it is working; can't expect from a 10 years old
card.

However, I still have a little problem setting this type info in
/etc/modules.conf.  I manually added the line of:

options tuner type=2

as the webiste suggested, but upon rebooting, the dmesg still says that the
tuner type is 19 and I still have to remod/modprobe it manually.

any idea what's the right syntax for modules.conf for tuner?

thx,