[mythtv-users] Re: OT: RG-6 crimping question

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Thu May 19 19:28:53 UTC 2005

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) wrote:
> anyway, i have a tool similar to this:
> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=64-2984
> at home that has a crimper for f-type crimp-on ends and can easily find
> the crimp on ends that will work with it, but i wanted to know if this
> tool will be "good enough" or if i should get something better

I don't think this or any other standard hex crimper will work with
snap-n-seal connectors because it crimps in the wrong direction. I am
not even talking about exact fit or minor details like that :-). Just
the fact that the standard hex crimper pushes perpendicularly from the
sides inward whereas the snap-n-seal connectors require pushing two
pieces together along the axis of the cable.

Hope that's not too confusing because of my bad english...

Bolek