[mythtv-users] saa7115 messages in dmesg

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:09:08 UTC 2005

On 5/19/05, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> >Is there a list specifically for driver issues?
>
>  There is in an ivtv-dev mailing list for ivtv driver specific issues.
>
> > suffer from dmesg filling up with this set of messages?
> >
> > saa7115: decoder set picture bright=127 contrast=63 saturation=63 hue=0
> > saa7115: decoder set picture bright=127 contrast=63 saturation=63 hue=0
>
>  Those are purely informational kernel logs which the ivtv driver logs anytime
> the BCS or Hue info is set. And everytime Myth changes channels for either
> LiveTV or to record a show it sets the BCS+Hue info in IVTV to match what myth
> has configured for the channel. They do not adversely affect your system
> in anyway.

Thanks, but I'd still like to supress them if possible. They seem to
fill up whatever buffer I'm looking at when I run dmesg and therefore
stop me from seeing other messages that are of more interest. (Such as
removable media messages that happened 1-2 days earlier.)

Any ideas on how to turn them off?

Thanks,
Mark