[mythtv-users] Watch TV trouble when no signal

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon May 16 13:24:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 12:10:11AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> If I try to tune to one of these stations in "Watch TV" mode, the
> frontend appears to lock up.  Selecting Watch TV again will cause the
> same lockup.  The only workaround I've found is to re-run
> mythtv-setup and set the default channel back to a known good one.

Forgot to mention:

 MythTV 0.18

This problem also manifests on channels with no signal whatsoever.  (For
instance, they've gone off the air for the evening)

I also have a PVR-250 in the unit, and when the DVB side of the backend
has locked up due to bad/no signal, the PVR-250 side never engages.  If
I fire up the backend and the default HDTV channel is one with bad/no
signal, then the backend never even comes up far enough to accept
connections from the frontend or mythweb.

-- John