[mythtv-users] Watch TV trouble when no signal

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon May 16 05:10:11 UTC 2005

Hello,

I recently got my pcHDTV 3000 card set up with MythTV using DVB.

It is working well for the most part, but I have one problem.

Some stations around here switch to low power at night, and I can't
tune them in (or can only tune them in poorly).

If I try to tune to one of these stations in "Watch TV" mode, the
frontend appears to lock up.  Selecting Watch TV again will cause the
same lockup.  The only workaround I've found is to re-run
mythtv-setup and set the default channel back to a known good one.

Is there a way I can "lock" the default channel?  Is there some other
option I should be using to help fix this?

Thanks!

-- John