[mythtv-users] Switch to DVB-T from PVR350 - Cant play nuv files in Windows Media Player

MyTV mytv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed May 11 09:51:39 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I've been using MythTV with a PVR350 (FC1) for quite some time now
(without any issues:) ..  but at the weekend my hard disk failed, so I
thought now would be an ideal time to put in a new disk, upgrade to FC3
and install a Nova DVB-T card.  I have now rebuilt the box and got every
thing up and running, but when I try to watch the nuv files in windows
media player I just get the following error "file format is not
supported" whereas the PVR files played fine.

I've searched the archives and get the impression that DVB-T files are
just MPEG-2 files?

A File command on the DVB-T nuv files gives me the following:  MPEG sequence
the same command on a PVR350 nuv files shows: MPEG sequence, v2, program
multiplex.

Just looking for confirmation that these files should play without being
transcoded into something else...

Thanks