[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase and duplicate channels - UK

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:47:41 UTC 2005

There are multiple version of BBC1, BBC2 and ITV1 in the guide,
offering regional variations.  Maybe you're picking up several of
these?  Do you also get multiple CH4 and Five listings, as I believe
there's only one flavour of each of these.

Are you running mythfilldatabase from within mythtv?  I found it
easier to disable it within mythtvsetup, and to use cron to run xmltv
to output to a file and then mythfilldatabase from the file.  Easier
to see what's going on that way.

Works well for me with the London area UK terrestrial channels.