[mythtv-users] Full system/CPU upgrade and still no DVD

Scott Harris sharris at synthys.com
Sun May 1 18:18:35 UTC 2005

I'm just livid.  The wife is away and inspired by everyone else's WAF comments and the fact that Chris Kennedy has done an awesome
job lately of getting all the bugs worked out of the ivtv driver so there are no more freezes.....Fry's is 3 miles from my house, a
dangerous combo.

I purchased a new motherboard/cpu combo upgrading the AMD Athlon 1800+ to an Intel P4 2.4GHz.  Spent about 4 hours getting it all
working again, verifying that I had basic MythTV system working before even trying the DVD.  This morning I tried the DVD and still
the same error with mplayer  "YOUR SYSTEM IS TOO SLOW TO PLAY THIS". Errrrr.  I'm using a PVR-350 and of course don't have xvideo
available, so I've got to use -vo x11 on my mplayer.  I'm trying ogle now, and while it hasn't completely died like mplayer there
are obvious frame drops.  CPU load is fairly low, .5-.66, I would have expected it to be a lot more considering the cpu is having to
do all the decoding.

Can anyone offer any recommendations?  I'm so close to having an awesome mythtv system, one that even the wife approves of, the only
thing lacking is DVD playback.

Thanks,

Scott