SOLVED: Re: [mythtv-users] Unichrome DRM Compile Problem

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun May 1 17:57:25 UTC 2005

Am Samstag, den 30.04.2005, 14:43 -0400 schrieb Tony Rein:
> On Saturday 30 April 2005 01:23 pm, Neale Swinnerton wrote:
> > I've had this maybe last year or the year before, nothing to do with
> > mythtv then. Check that you've got you processor type set properly in
> > your kernel config. you can download a suitable .config from
> > http://www.epiawiki.org/

This was the relevant hint. Thanks, I usually use 386 kernels on the
epia, but using Cyrix/C3 as processor type activated the
CONFIG_X86_CMPXCHG
in the .config.

> > Also, I've read somewhere that CVS DRM doesn't support 2.6.11, and I get
> > missing symbol errors when I modprobe via built against 2.6.11. I'm
> > using 2.6.8.1 with good success, so I didn't investigate further.

2.6.11 works fine. A change in processor type and a make-kpkg was all
that was needed. via-drm compiles fine afterwards.

Unfortunately I didn't get away without recompiling. Luckily I don't
have to compile on the epia. BTW, make -j on a mosix cluster is not
race-safe! ;-)

Thanks to all,

Torsten