[mythtv-users] regular transcode, and re-import into .nuv?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 29 05:33:03 UTC 2005

> I've got a rock solid process for transcoding my pcHDTV HD-3000 captured
> High-Def streams using 'transcode' (not mythtranscode).  But I end up
> with Mpeg4 XviD files in avi containers that I watch with mplayer.
>
> I'm wondering if there is any way to pull these back into their original
> .nuv files viewable by MythTV.

Might try naming the output file the same name as the original file and
putting it in your recordings directory and then running "mythcommflag --rebuild"
on the recording (giving the --chanid and --starttime options as well).

mythtranscode should work correctly with your HD-3000 recordings and will even
allow you to resize while transcoding.  I've made several changes recently to
the mythtranscode in CVS to help it work better with digital recordings.  I'm
using it to transcode my air2pc recordings down currently.

--

Chris