[mythtv-users] Live TV stops after a few hours.

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 21:00:30 UTC 2005

--- Michael Carland <mcarland at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Will Dormann <wd at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Joe Votour wrote:
> > > However, I do hope that it is fixed, as LiveTV
> is an
> > > important feature (and really, the whole reason
> I'm
> > > using Myth - otherwise, I might as well just
> have a
> > > VCR).
> >
> > Now that's funny.   :)
> >
> I was going to say, those sound like fightin' words!

Maybe it sounds silly, if I can't use LiveTV, then I
might as well have a VCR.  I may be wrong here, but I
thought that the idea of a PVR was that it could
manipulate "live" streams - that is, pause, rewind,
and fast-forward (to parts that have been already
broadcast anyway).

Without that, I might as well have a VCR.  A high-tech
VCR with program listings and commercial skipping, but
nonetheless, a VCR.  I say this because with a VCR,
you can only watch the recording and manipulate it
once finished, not while the recording is happening.

Although I have been bitten by the bug a few times
(when I forget to return to the menu and try to watch
a couple of hours straight), it hasn't bothered me
because I haven't been watching much TV lately.

-- Joe