[mythtv-users] Mostly OT: Pundit PSU fan died

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sat Mar 26 01:58:37 UTC 2005

emory wrote:
> Nick-
>
> When you quoted $50 for a replacement PSU, was that from Hipro or
> ASUS?  I've been looking into getting a replacement PSU for my
> Pundit-R because it's too noisy, but it's hard to find a PSU that fits
> in the Pundit's 8 x 12 x 12 cm PSU compartment.

Actually that was me.   I'm not sure what the manufacturer is.   My
current (broken) PSU is Hipro.   It was quiet, but then again it died,
so I'm not sure I want the replacement to be the same.

I've seen multiple PSU's listed for the Pundit.  For example this page:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/kaoskomputers/pricelist.htm
lists
"PS-AS-PUNDIT"
and
"PS-AS-ATP1655A"

The Hipro that died on me was 200W, but I would assume the latter part
number describes a 165W unit.

--
-WD