[mythtv-users] PAL/NTSC hardcoded var's?

Ben Anderson a_neb at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:17:20 UTC 2005

Can anyone tell me why it's a good idea, (or not) to have 29.97 as a magic number in several places through mythtv's source?  At very least, shouldn't it be inherited from one spot, set in the configure script, and better yet, a runtime variable set from a config file?

Actually, why does myth even need to know about the frame rate at all?  Don't the video files each contain the frame rate per stream anyway?

At the moment mythcommflag seems reliably broken by about 10 seconds in 7 minutes on a pal system...  Surely someone else living in a pal country has pointed this out before, what am I missing (google doesn't seem to have anything on it...)?

Regards,
Ben.