[mythtv-users] [ G400 ] Hotwo enable flicker filters

Bernd Müller caret at gmx.de
Fri Mar 18 18:19:30 UTC 2005

Hello;

O.k. i will try the cable like this:

      VGA                                          SCART

     1 -O------------------------------------------O- 15 R
     6 -O------------------------------------------O- 13 R Gnd

     2 -O------------------------------------------O- 11 G
     7 -O------------------------------------------O-  9 G Gnd

     3 -O------------------------------------------O-  7 B
     8 -O------------------------------------------O-  5 B Gnd

    13 -O------------------------------------------O- 20 csync
    10 -O------------------------------------------O- 17 csync Gnd

shell -O------------------------------------------O- shell

The bridge between PIN 5 and 11 was described as "The link between 5 (Gnd) and
11 (Mid0) tells your VGA card that your `monitor' is colour". But i will omit it.

Making the cable as short as possible, is a little bit difficult in my case. My
MythTV Box and the tv are in different rooms. The minimal cablelength i need is
8 meters (~ 26 ft). I do this as a due to noise reduction. I know that this i
very problematic. To keep the loss as minimal as possible i'm using a special
RGB cable. Each of the 5 wires is shielded, this means is coaxial. Additionally
the whole cable is also shielded, too. My electronic dealer advertises it as
"High Quality Monitorcable. 5x 75 Ohm coaxial  single and overall shielding". I
did not find any better shielded (and even more expensive ;-) cable for this
task. So i'm in hope i will work for me.

Wow, it's really amazing. I've read so many tutorials about tv-out and the G400.
But in no one i've read about this type of cable. I think, if it will work for
me, i will write a small howto about it.

(c; bernd