[mythtv-users] [ G400 ] Hotwo enable flicker filters

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Mar 18 18:26:47 UTC 2005

> The bridge between PIN 5 and 11 was described as "The link between 5 (Gnd)
> and 11 (Mid0) tells your VGA card that your `monitor' is colour". But i will
> omit it.

 	Not used much anymore, AFAIK.  It'll colorize your bios, maybe,
but that's about it.

> Making the cable as short as possible, is a little bit difficult in my case.
> My MythTV Box and the tv are in different rooms. The minimal cablelength i
> need is 8 meters (~ 26 ft). I do this as a due to noise reduction. I know
> that this i very problematic. To keep the loss as minimal as possible i'm
> using a special RGB cable. Each of the 5 wires is shielded, this means is
> coaxial. Additionally the whole cable is also shielded, too. My electronic
> dealer advertises it as "High Quality Monitorcable. 5x 75 Ohm coaxial  single
> and overall shielding". I did not find any better shielded (and even more
> expensive ;-) cable for this task. So i'm in hope i will work for me.

 	Not necessarily short, but clean, at least.  If it's proper
impedance cable, you should be able to get away with it at that length
without trouble.  Just keep the ends small (no 10cm runs of stripped coax
cable inside the connector, etc).

 	If the signal attenuates some, it'll reduce the brightness a bit
is all.

> Wow, it's really amazing. I've read so many tutorials about tv-out and the
> G400. But in no one i've read about this type of cable. I think, if it will
> work for me, i will write a small howto about it.

 	Now you have me worried... this whole setup is pure speculation on
my part.  I've done a fair bit with monitors and
interlace/hsync/vsync/csync/sync-on-green, but nothing on PAL or SCART.
Hopefully it'll work.

-Cory