[mythtv-users] Re: Live TV viewing blocked by non-existent recordings

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Wed Mar 16 22:15:07 UTC 2005

* John P.Hoke <john at hoke.org> [2005-03-16 16:58]:

> Hi, I am new on this list and I hope I am not breaking any netiquite
> here... but ...
>
> That sounds like mythbackend is not running, not the mySQL
> server. The "Master Backend Server" is mythbackend
>
> Try opening a console and typing
> mythbackend

I appreciate your advice.  You were right on the money.  When
mythbackend is running, my error goes away.  I originally thought the
mysql database was the backend for some reason, but it's really just
used by the backend.

> then retry running mythfrontend

What's the difference between /usr/bin/mythfrontend, and
/usr/bin/mythtv?  They seem to do the same thing, but neither of them
is an alias.

> (I am assuming that you are running everything on one box here)

Yup, at least to start off.