[mythtv-users] Re: Live TV viewing blocked by non-existent recordings

John P.Hoke john at hoke.org
Wed Mar 16 21:36:27 UTC 2005

Hi, I am new on this list and I hope I am not breaking any netiquite
here... but ...

That sounds like mythbackend is not running, not the mySQL server. The
"Master Backend Server" is mythbackend

Try opening a console and typing
mythbackend

then retry running mythfrontend

(I am assuming that you are running everything on one box here)

Regards,
John Hoke