[mythtv-users] : DVB channels keep re-appearing

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Wed Mar 16 07:23:54 UTC 2005

Tom Hughes wrote:

> Are you saying that you have channels declared with audio and
> video PIDs which don't actually exist? That sounds a bit odd...

I have not checked the declared PIDs. Come to think of it, the text
channels haven't been added again for weeks, it's possible
that XMLTV added those before (I've assumed that XMLTV was responsible
for all my channel-adds before I read your text today). The SVT Extra
does still get re-added now and then, but it is possible that channel is
declared as a real channel but not used for anything, yet.

This also touches on another DVB problem; tuning to a channel that's
currently not transmitting kills off Live TV as per my explanation until
I either re-start the backend or the channel starts transmitting again.
It would be nice if the backend, if it can't get a lock for 15 seconds,
reverts to the previous channel by itself.

     / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
    / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
   / http://www.webhackande.se/