[mythtv-users] : DVB channels keep re-appearing

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Mar 16 07:10:58 UTC 2005

In message <4237DAA9.6010502 at webhackande.se>
          Rickard Olsson <richie at webhackande.se> wrote:

> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
> > Because 0.17 now has automatic channel detection - that includes both
> > the scanner in the setup program and automatic detection of new channels
> > as they appear. If you delete a channel then the next time you tune to
> > another channel on that multiplex Myth will detect the missing channel
> > and add it.
>
> Ah, that would explain my problems with that, then. This isn't really a
> very good feature. You see, there are channels in the free-to-air
> multiplexes in Sweden that aren't actually available - there's SVT Extra
> (XMLTV ID extra.svt.se) and a few text channels. These get added in
> MythTV, but when I channel-surf to them (not knowing when they get
> added, I assume that going UP from my last channel would take me back to
> my first 'real' channel), the back-end can't find them and so the
> frontend locks up for 15 seconds. This happens even if I set them as not
> visible - they disappear from the TV Guide, but they are still surfable.

Only available channels should get added automatically - radio
channels, text channels and encrypted channels are all ignored.

Are you saying that you have channels declared with audio and
video PIDs which don't actually exist? That sounds a bit odd...

Anyhow, the real fix here is to fix the bug with tuning to channels
that are not available. I believe there are plans to do that in the
future.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)