[mythtv-users] Where can I buy a xbox to make a frontend?

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Tue Mar 15 12:18:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 13:04 +0000, jonny Linux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd really like to build a linux xbox mythtv frontend. Although I've
> read there are issues with the version 1.6 xbox.
>
> I'd really like to use the software method described at
> www.xbox-linux.org, because it sounds simpler and more reversible if I
> make a mess of it. Although it sounds like the version 1.6 xbox won't
> support this. I'd really like to buy an xbox, but I don't think I have
> any way of knowing what version of xbox I'm buying unless I actually
> look at the serial number on it and work out the version from there!

Ebay?  Ask the seller what the serial # is, before you make a bid.

> I've read several people on here saying they use an xbox frontend. If
> you use one, which version do you use and where did you get it from?
> (I'm in the UK)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general
welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands;
they may appoint teachers in every state, county, and parish, and
pay them out of the public treasury: they may take into their own
hands the education of children, establishing in like manner
schools throughout the Union: they may seek the provision of the
poor ... [all of which] would subvert the very foundations, and
transmute the very nature of the limited government established
by the people of America."
James Madison, 1789