[mythtv-users] Where can I buy a xbox to make a frontend?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:04:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'd really like to build a linux xbox mythtv frontend. Although I've
read there are issues with the version 1.6 xbox.

I'd really like to use the software method described at
www.xbox-linux.org, because it sounds simpler and more reversible if I
make a mess of it. Although it sounds like the version 1.6 xbox won't
support this. I'd really like to buy an xbox, but I don't think I have
any way of knowing what version of xbox I'm buying unless I actually
look at the serial number on it and work out the version from there!

I've read several people on here saying they use an xbox frontend. If
you use one, which version do you use and where did you get it from?
(I'm in the UK)

Thanks,

Jonny