[mythtv-users] EXTREMELY choppy video

Mark L. Cukier mark at pemicro.com
Mon Mar 14 16:14:20 UTC 2005

Tom:

Yes, I do see the prebuffering pause message in my Xterm.. I'm *pretty*
sure that it's just video and not audio, but I'd have to confirm that
when I get home from work. I tried switching on the "use Video as time
base" option, but it didn't seem to help...

I am using Kernel 2.6.10... has this been confirmed as the cause of
heartache? (I saw discussion of it in the archives)...

- Mark

Tom Lichti wrote:

> Mark L. Cukier wrote:
>
>> I'm using the latest nVidia release (March 11, 2005), just
>> downloaded. I do get their splash screen... os I'm pretty confident
>> it's not a driver issue.
>>
>> Mplayer seems to play without the same issues...
>>
>> - Mark
>

> If you run mythfrontend from an xterm console, are you getting
> 'prebuffer pause' errors in the console at the same time that you get
> the choppiness? And is it audio and video, or just video?
>
> Tom

____________________________
*Mark L. Cukier*, /Design Engineer/
P&E Microcomputer Systems