[mythtv-users] Artifacts in DVB TV

Matthew Phillips mythtv at mattp.name
Sun Mar 13 06:10:31 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I've just finished setting up MythTV on an EPIA M10000N system with a
VisionPlus DVB-T card - very happy with the results so far. Kudos to
the myth developers.

I've been looking into one outstanding problem: the SD pictures I'm
getting on some channels have, either at the top or bottom of the
picture, a line of blank pixels which sometimes have some white streaks
(see top left of attached example).

An enquiry to the linux-dvb mailing list indicated this is a normal
artifact of the WSS (Wide Screen Signaling) standard embedded into
analog PAL intended for digital broadcast.

So, it looks like I need to have Myth crop a few lines from the top and
bottom of 16:9 content. However, I'm using XvMC and it (a) appears
filter chains can't be used with it and (b) I couldn't find any info on
cropping filters anyway (given they even exist).

Does anyone have any idea whether there's something I can try?

Cheers,

Matthew.