[mythtv-users] Re: Running two X servers (with PVR350) at the same time?

Michael Arndt marndt at bulldog.tzo.org
Sat Mar 12 05:51:42 UTC 2005

John,

I had problems with the 2nd X server chewing up all my CPU...it would always
sit around at 90+%.  So I took another look at running one X server with
multiple screens...I must have screwed something up the 1st time I ran this,
because now it works great!  This is the page with examples that I followed
to run a dual headed X display:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors

I think that the only reason to use the dualheaded xorg binaries that
disable VT switching is if you need to have two keyboards running at the
same time.  For me, I have a single keyboard and mouse, and everything is
working great now.  Hope that helps, let me know if you want more details!

Mike