[mythtv-users] Purchasing a PVR-500

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 07:12:52 UTC 2005

Hi!

  I think I'm going to get a PVR-500 and try it out.  I was looking on
froogle and there are tons of PVR-500's sold as white box.  As far as
I know, that's about the same as "OEM" and usually you don't get
things like manuals or nice packaging.  But sometimes the cards are
actually different too (I remember old voodoo 2 video cards that were
whitebox were slightly different.)  Anyone know if these whitebox
PVR-500's are any different than regular retail?

Thanks!
Matt