[mythtv-users] Re: [Improving] The Current State of Myth -> DVD

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Wed Mar 9 19:38:57 UTC 2005

Cory Papenfuss <papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> writes:

> 	I've already manually done it.  I took a cutlist out of MythTV's
> exported .sql file, and put it in the .RTV format that gopdit liked.  I
> think with a quick sed/awk of the .sql file, it could be easily converted
> into something directly importable to gopdit.

Just a brief update:  there's a new version of gopdit (0.2.3-3.pre)
which accepts "MTV" format editlists, which use frame numbers to
describe the cut points, just like myth.  This should make translating
from myth's cutlist to a .mtv file very easy.  gopdit will chose a
nearby GOP boundary.

There are still a few issues that I'm discussing with the author.

Does anyone know exactly what the numbers in myth's cutlist mean?

1) Are they really frame numbers, which simply count from the
   beginning of the program?  Or are they related to the time
   encoded in the GOP headers?  In other words, if there is a
   jump in the encoded time, does the frame count jump too?

   Do these numbers count starting from 0 or 1?

2) With a cut that says 1000 - 2000, should frames 1000 and 2000
   be cut out, or left in (or one of each)?

If you try the new version of gopdit, remove your .gopditrc first.

Dan

PS: I also discussed with the author the glitches that occur in the
output that gopdit produces, and he said that he has no plans to
address this, as he wants to keep things simple.