[mythtv-users] Re: [Improving] The Current State of Myth -> DVD

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Mar 9 22:37:27 UTC 2005

> PS: I also discussed with the author the glitches that occur in the
> output that gopdit produces, and he said that he has no plans to
> address this, as he wants to keep things simple.

 	When I talked with him, he said that what he was doing was
brutally simple.  Basically, he parses just enough of the MPEG stream to
figure out where he is, and then concatenates the MPEG packets together.
In order to deal with potentially broken references, he sets the "broken"
flag in the cut GOPs, so it's up to the decoder to decide how to deal with
it.  Good compromise for a quickie cutter.

 	I'm a little concerned about the PTS/DTS "holes" left over after a
cut.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't deal with them at all.  Maybe a replex
can take care of them?

-Cory