[mythtv-users] mtyh email client?

Frank Lynch frank.lynch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 16:44:04 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,
I'm seriously thinking about building a PVR. I've done some research
and I really like the look of MythTV.

I really like the fact that you have an integrated news reader & web
browser. I was wondering if there are any plans to integrate an email
client?

I was also wondering if its sane to attempt to use a regular NTSC (not
a Hi-Def) TV as a display if your going to use MythBrowser and
MythNews - do the fonts render in a readable way?

If its possible to use MythNews on a regular NTSC TV then surly its
possible to build or run an email client?

If you currently run an email client in a non-HD MythTV environment
I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences - what would
you recommend, whats to be avoided, any major gotchas etc?

Cheers,
--Frank