[mythtv-users] Exporting/Archiving MythTV recordings for use w/standalone mpeg4 player

Nathan Richardson nathan.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:52:17 UTC 2005

With some help from the author of nuv2avi (Gavin Hurlbut) I was able
to get it working. Apparently the lame-devel package is required. Once
installed, I was able to compile without and trouble.

However, as I feared, I've run into the same problem others have with
this program - audio is out of sync on most recordings (probably all
cut/transcoded ones). This is pretty much all of my recordings. The
audio seems to get more out of sync as the recording goes on.

I've noticed that I have the same sync issues with the raw .nuv files
when played on my windows box with the dsmyth filters. It seems like
there is some kind of audio sync info in the .nuv files that only
Mythtv is able to read.

Has anyone had any luck exporting cut/transcoded .nuv files to working
.avi? I'd really like to be able to archive these programs.

Thanks,

Nathan

--
Nathan Richardson