[mythtv-users] Anyone else having problems ripping new movies?

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Mon Mar 7 22:47:47 UTC 2005

I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet - but from google-ing around I found there is a new encryption method being used on some of the latest movies.  This seems to prevent libdvdcss (1.2.8) from working.

Just thought you might want to know why "MythDVD/Rip" doesn't work on some of the latest movies.

-John