[mythtv-users] Exporting/Archiving MythTV recordings for use w/standalone mpeg4 player

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 03:34:52 UTC 2005

Is this one of those tasks that can be added to the JobQueue?  I would
like to have an DivX version of every recording I make so I can watch
it on my PDA on the train.  I don't want to blow away the original
recording incase I choose to watch it at home instead.  It must also
be proper DivX/XviD so I can watch it using BetaPlayer on the
PocketPC.

Anyone know how to set this up?

Whytey

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:12:36 -0800 (PST), Andrew Lynch <lynchaj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Nathan Richardson <nathan.richardson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks - the program seems to do exactly what I
> > want. I can't get it
> > to compile, though. There's no documentation at all.
> > I tried doing
> > make, then make install, and it didn't seem to work.
> > Lots of errors
> > and I can't run the software (it never got
> > installed, apparently).
> > Some other post here mentioned a small change needed
> > in the makefile -
> > anyone know what that is, or have any advice on
> > compiling/installing
> > nuv2avi?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > n.b. - running FC2.
> >

> > On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:48:33 -0800 (PST), Andrew
> > Lynch <lynchaj at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- Nathan Richardson
> > <nathan.richardson at gmail.com>

> > box
> > windows

> > mpeg4.
> > Xvid,
> > specific

> > to do

> > > I would use nuv2avi.  It works great and exports
> > nuv
> > > files to "as is" mpeg4 files WITHOUT transcoding
> > that
> > > nuvexport requires.  Go do a quick google on
> > nuv2avi
> > > to see more.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Andrew Lynch
> > >

> > --
> > Nathan Richardson
> > 1600 S. Joyce St. Apt. 1403
> > Arlington, VA 22202
> > 202-257-1025
> > nathan.richardson at gmail.com
> > richarnd at georgetown.edu
> >

> Yeah, there is some problem with the latest version.
> I posted some stuff on the KnoppMyth board... let me
> see if I can find it....
>
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2    (search for nuv2avi)
>
> well, the knoppmyth forums seem to be down right now.
> Just go over there sometime and search for nuv2avi and
> you'll see my stream of emails thread on nuv2avi.  The
> problem really was pretty simple to fix though... just
> edit the Makefile to include the directory for the
> missing library (lame.h?).  Just do a search for
> lame.h on your PC and then edit Makefile to add
>
> -I/lame.h_directory/
>
> and rerun make.  Something like that.  nuv2avi works
> great. I wish it were included in MythTV or KnoppMyth
> or at least rolled into nuvexport.  The no transcode
> "as is" export rocks for MPEG4 exports.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Lynch

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.