[mythtv-users] Avoid Suse for mythtv (database issues)

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 07:34:29 UTC 2005

I'm a little late in the discussion.....But -

First off, there IS documentation for using Suse and myth, among them, my own

http://www.homerengineeringcorp.net/mythtv/myth.html

and

http://suseonmyth.org

Along with plenty of other docs at various Wiki sites......

Furthermore, I don't see where you had problems.  I've used myth on
Suse 9-9.2 with no problems.  All you have to do is make sure mysql is
started up in the Runlevel editor, and then issue the mysql command
before starting up myth (one time only)

It's honestly not that hard to setup, and there are rpms for Suse as
well.  So I don't see the point here....A lot of it is, as MRW stated,
personal preference.  I tried Fedora, and it sucked for me, so I went
back to suse.......

-Chris