[mythtv-users] ATRPMS up to date?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 4 18:36:51 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 08:00, Peter Judge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just curious. Are Axel's MythTv rpms kept relatively up to date? IOW
> if I istall the 0.17 mythtv rpm, is it a snapshot of Mythtv as at the
> release date in Feb, or has it been updated with some of the CVS stuff
> submitted since?

Typically, the version in the stable repo is always a release version. On rare
occasions, things from CVS get backported (like the libiec61883 patch due to
show up in the next 0.17 build w/FireWire support, and possibly a QAM patch
or two).

There are also the occasional CVS builds in the ATrpms bleeding repository
(none currently, they are more common just before a new release).

> (I'm contemplating going to CVS to be able to upgrade to 0.17, but if the
> rpms are relatively up to date then I'd be more comfortable staying with
> them.)

Relative is a relative term. :-)

--
Jarod Wilson