[mythtv-users] Broadcast Flag Article mentions MythTV and quotes Issac

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:20:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:09:36 +0000, Allan Stirling
<Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org> wrote:
> Maverick wrote:
> > Thought some of you all might want to read...
> >
> > http://www.sfbg.com/39/22/cover_fcc.html
> >

> The article is great - Mainly. However, opening with this quote:
>
> 'ALL I WANT  is to make a high-definition copy of Buffy the Vampire
> Slayer, save it on a DVD, and loan it to my friend," says Sarah Brydon,
> looking up from a long table covered with half-built computers.
>
> REALLY gets my back up. Again. This is what the media companies are
> trying to (rightly) prevent with the broadcast flag. And MythTV is
> appearing to be referred to consistently in this light.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Allan.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Perhaps we, as actual users of these
apps/cards/etc., should write our own article, a manifesto of sorts,
and post it somewhere highly visible. Maybe there is something already
out there, I dunno, but with the press that this keeps getting, an
update may be in order.

Garry