[mythtv-users] FC3, lirc and irman

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 03:05:38 UTC 2005

hondaman wrote:

> I got my irman in the mail today, and have had no luck getting it to
> do anything.  I have this in my modprobe.conf (as per Jarod's guide)
>
> options lirc_serial irq=3 io=0x2f8
> install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none ;\
>    /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial
>
> When I do lsmod, i dont see any lirc drivers listed.  If I do depmod
> -a, still nothing.  If I do modprobe lirc_serial, then I get
> Module                  Size  Used by
> lirc_serial            11424  0
> lirc_dev               11148  1 lirc_serial
>
> lircd then starts ok.  When I run irw, however, I get no response from
> my remote.  I am using the pvr-250 remote (grey top, black bottom,
> with the red,green,yellow, and blue buttons along the bottom) with the
> corresponding lircd.conf.  I imagine Im doing a hundred things wrong.
> Could someone please offer some advice?  I'm seriously stuck.

A few things to look for:

1. You don't need anything in modprobe.conf

2. Edit /etc/init.d/lircd and change the daemon line to read as follows:

daemon lircd --driver=irman --device=/dev/ttyS0

(Change ttyS0 to ttyS1 if you are on COM2)

3. Make sure you have the right lircd.conf file.  If IRW shows no button
names, chances are you have the wrong one (or the wrong serial port
selected).

HTH,
 Jeff.