[mythtv-users] [OT] 1080i

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 1 08:59:34 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 17:48, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> Alternatively, the thread earlier this month suggests an Nvidia
> 6600GT should be able to do 1080i on its built-in component out.
> But those cards all seem to have fans, and are expensive.

I just bought an AGP 6200 that can do the same. Not that expensive. A PCI-X
6200 is even cheaper. A 6200 alone is cheaper than another card plus a 9A60.

> So this leaves me with the Audio Authority 9A60.  Does going out
> the VGA port work around the nvidia interlace bug?  I've seen
> this implied, but I don't think anybody has actually come out and
> said it.

It works for me.

> If this works, why are people (from the 6600GT thread)
> so eager to ditch their 9A60?

Because getting a modeline just right for VGA to component conversion through
a 9A60 isn't anywhere near as easy as, say, hooking up an XBox w/the HD kit
to an HDTV. I spent a good 10 hours poring over avsforum and umpteen
modelines before I finally found one that worked for my set. If you can get a
6200 (I have one due here later this week) and simply plug it in and go,
that's highly preferrable. Hopefully, it'll be easier to adjust as well...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...