[mythtv-users] is my processor to blame? (lockups, problems with FF and REW)

Andy Long andymyth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:08:48 UTC 2005

>From the main screen in mythfronted:

Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles

In the screen that comes up, choose MPEG-2 Encoders
Then choose Live TV
For me it's the 3rd screen in (first one is to change the profile
name, second is to set the resolution...  make sure it's at 720x480 or
less).  On the top field of the 3rd screen it will say something like
"Codec".  Look below that for "Stream Type."  Change that around to
some different ones (MPEG2-PS works great, but lots of people says
DVDSpecial 2 is the best quality).  Restart and see what happens.

As for the IVTV codec, which are you using.  If you installed from an
rpm or via apt-get, you can check the version with the following
command:

# rpm -qa ivtv

I am currently using ivtv 0.2 rc3e and it works well in terms of stability.

-Andy