AW: AW: [mythtv-users] Can't connect to database

pschormeir at iiv.de pschormeir at iiv.de
Wed Jul 27 06:12:13 EDT 2005

Kris,

if you can connect to mythconverg and see the tables with "show tables;",
the database is up and running.
You can also check the presence of the database by typing mysqlshow in a
shell.

Can you connect to the mythconverg database from a shell as user mythtv
instead of root? (password for user mythtv should be mythtv)
If you try to start mythtv-setup from a shell, can you post what you see in
the shell (error messages) ?

Have you dropped the database and recreated it with the mc.sql file ? Just
to be sure that there are no wrong permissions on the database.

Regards

Fritz