[mythtv-users] Re: [linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB (ATSC/QAM) and MythTV

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:34:07 EDT 2005

On 7/26/05, Michael Krufky <mkrufky at m1k.net> wrote:
> If you want to test out the new version of the driver without waiting
> for the new kernel, follow instructions for using the merge scripts
> located at:
> http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

Thanks for the pointer.  I will try this out after I attempt the next
challenge -- getting my pchdtv.com HD3000 card working in the same
system.

> > Then, do a QAM scan, which should result in more channels found.  If
> > your cable company is broadcasting the PSIP channel data, the
> > channels should be automatically detected.  For channels without PSIP
> > data, you will need to manually edit the channel data (in the mysql
> > database) to enable those channels.
>
> How can we tell mythtv whether to scan using VSB or QAM ??? Is this one
> of the newer features found in the new subversion release of mythtv?  I
> cannot find a method for this in my gentoo version of mythtv.

It is one of the options on the Channel Scan page.    I don't have
access to that system right now,  but I believe there is a pull-down
menu for selecting ATSC or QAM256 scan types in the channel scan page.
  This was in all the versions I have tried.