[mythtv-users] SVideo0 as default input on Hauppauge PVR250.

Marco madman1968 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 16:03:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm running the latest stable release of MythTV
0.18.1, and am using an external DSS box plugged into
the Svideo input of my PVR250.  With ivtvcl and my
channel changing script, I've confirmed that the
signal arrives on the SVideo port and it is valid.
I have nothing attached to the cable-coax connector of
the card.

I defined the Card in myth with its "Default Input" to
"Svideo 0".
I attached video source </dev/video0 --> Svideo 0> to
my source, while </dev/video0 --> Tuner 0> is attached
to (None).

On live TV, the card always defaults to the Cable-coax
input (or Tuner0, which in my case is snow!).  I
absolutley have to toggle the source with "Y" to get
the Svideo0 input.

Should the "Default Input" on the card definition not
handle this????  Or am I mis-interpreting the <Default
Input> meaning??

Thanks
Marco